If you’ve been around Whole Life Elevation a little while you may notice some changes. Most of the events and classes are donation-based or sliding scale. Recently I’ve been practicing generosity in my own life. Through volunteering my time, donating money to causes that I believe in, and showing up in my work with a full heart. It has been incredibly healing and transformative to practice living in this way. I also believe this is a good way to operate a spiritual business. Other ways can work, but for now I will be offering most, if not all my offerings on a donation-based level. The reasons?
- Students get to practice receiving and giving
- I want offerings to be available to all income levels
- Teacher gets to practice freely giving and receiving
- Creates a sense of community—we’re in this together!
There is no absolute “right” or “wrong” way to give or receive. Here are some pointers:
- Really receive the offering as a free gift, I want the practice and teachings to bring joy
- Give in a way that makes sense for you.
- There are many ways to give back if you have financial constraints—Some people create artwork for me, help me out with set-up/clean-up, share events etc. Just ask!
My Vision for the Future:
Part of the reason I’m sharing this with all of you is because this is the beginning of a larger vision I have. I want to create a donation-based center for healing and transformation. There would be yoga, meditation, and other healing modalities all freely offered. This could take shape in many ways or forms— it could end up as a yurt in my backyard or a storefront in a cute part of town. If you have any connections to natural builders, any helpful people, or a space that would work, please let me know!
Love and Light,