I've been playing with easy healthy recipes to simplify my life. This Chia Seed Pudding is a nice quick breakfast or a simple snack. I actually don't add maple syrup because I'm reducing sugar intake right now, but do whatever you like!
- 2 cups coconut milk (homemade or natural)
- 1/2 cup Chia Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (or less) maple syrup (or sub any sweetener)
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Mix all ingredients except chia seeds in a blender until smooth (including any added flavors, fruits or chocolate). Whisk in chia seeds.
- Pour mixture into a jar or glass container and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to let gel. Stir or whisk a few times within the first hour to help it gel evenly. I prefer to make this at night to have ready for a fast breakfast the next day. It is also great to make in the morning for a delicious pre-made dessert at night.
- Add in fruit as desired. Mango, berries, apples etc